Thursday, February 26, 2009

Join the Club

There's seems to be this club that is growing by leaps and bounds that no one wants to become a member of - and I had the unfortunate opportunity to become a part of it yesterday - The Club on the Unemployed.

It seems unnerving to me just how fast this group is growing - and everyone has their own stories. The shock is starting to wear off a little - but I don't like this "new" me. I've never been unemployed since I graduated high school and I can't help but feel like a loser. I feel lost - like I don't have a purpose. I'm also not sure what direction I want to go in. I would like to take whatever position will hire me as quickly as possible - but at the same time, I've always wanted to have my own business of designing invitations.

I can't help but hope that these changes in my life will be for the better - maybe a higher paying salary, or a job closer to home. I know that we'll be ok and make it though - but I've also seen my dreams of starting a family go down the tubes with my job. And that is what hurts the most.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job. :-(