Monday, February 2, 2009

Trying to find the rainbow

The past couple weeks, I've been feeling a little lost in life - not knowing where to turn or who to turn to. Things keep happening to my family in which I have no control over. I know bad things happen to good people and am no way putting blame on anyone - my family, myself, God. I also know that the things happening in my life right now are not as bad as things happening in other people's lives - which doesn't make it suck any less or make it any easier to deal with.

How do you find your footing? How do you make sense of these things that happen? I keep thinking not one more bad thing can happen - then it does. I'm not going to think about that anymore because I don't want it to be the reason things keep happening.

I read two great pieces of advice over the weekend that hopefully I'll be able to apply to the situations in my life. The first one being to not blame myself for the things that are, or are not, happening - to not think that I am any less of a person because of it. To put the blame on God - because even though He didn't cause it or wants to see harm to me and my family - He's the only one that has shoulders big enough to handle it.

The other advice that I heard is to look for the rainbows in the midst of the rain. It might be pouring sometimes, which I feel like it is now, but somewhere in that rain there is a rainbow just waiting to be found. While I'm trying to make sense of what's going on in my life right now, I'll keep looking for those rainbows, no matter how hard it rains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those rainbows are there. Never stop looking though!